Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Titles of Future Books

For Christmas Ian gave me a hand-written and hand-illustrated book called The Kingdom of Letters. It is one of the finest stories ever written by a six-year-old and I keep it on my bookshelf right up there with the other classics. He just showed me a hand-written list of other titles he came up with when he was writing The Kingdom of Letters, and I think you'll agree that many of these books sound like they would be a good read:

The Nutcracker's Bad Day
The Cake of Caring
The Ocean Blue I Give to You
The Adventure of Time
What You Do, What You See
The Rainbow Dolphin
Emperor of the Armored Dinosaurs
When Santa Comes to Town
Stars, Stars, and More Stars
The Fantastic Fan
The Love and Kindness
The Stars Which Look Upon Us


If you want to use any of these titles to write your own children's book, feel free to ask permission. We've got student loans to pay and could use the royalty checks.

[I retract that last paragraph: Ian has just informed me that he wants to write these books himself, but says to feel free to come over and read what he's written so far.]

3 comments:

zabel said...

Very nice! I have the feeling Ian is just getting started.

Katishainka said...

I love your blog! I do hope the doublestitch lasts forever. With Ian's permission I'd love to read any and all books he produces! :) Katisha

Jules said...

I am very interested in the Emperor of the Armored Dinosaurs! Sounds intriging. It's fun to be able to keep up with your family. Looking forward to more posts! The Mudricks (you can check out our flog--food blog + family at www.mudpiegourmet.blogspot.com)