Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Easy as Pi


I can't tell if Pi Day is becoming a nationally popular holiday or if it's just heavily plugged by our school district. When a federal circuit judge at our church cites Pi Day as a scheduling conflict, well, then, you've probably moved beyond cult status. Holiday or not, I don't really care. I'm just in it for the pie, frankly, and if my kids learn something about circumference while I'm eating their math project, so much the better.



This year as prelude to unseemly consumption, we each had to measure a circular object and divide the circumference by the diameter. The person whose calculations most closely approximated Pi won--er--nothing really, but that's beside the point of Pi Day (see above). Pumpkin pies never last long in my house, but we just barely threw away the last of the chocolate banana cream--With due respect to Mae West, sometimes too much of a good thing is not wonderful. Still, when my time comes, I'm definitely not choosing Regular Heaven.


3 comments:

Jenkins Power Company said...

Sorry but it fits to well, yes very geeky as well, Lord of the Rings Online. Titles: Pie Eating Champion, Pie Maven Various pies in game for food. Of course almost all hobbits love pie. Looking for fellow.. have pie!!!! lol ... now where is that pumpkin pie at.

eNJay & B said...

scott, good to hear from you! i can't believe you all have 4 kids now, and they're getting so big.

Ian said...

Trust me, pi is not that easy.