Monday, May 14, 2007

Pieces of C-Ville, or, "Virginia is for Lawyers"


I'm really not trying to give the impression that Charlottesville is all I think about these days, but the firm paid for me to get some CLE (Continuing Legal Education) credits in Trusts & Estates back at my alma mater. The two-hour class, while very good preparation for my future practice area, was really a pretext for seeing central Virginia in the spring. Here's a few shots from the trip. Sorry there isn't much commentary this time, but K is already a law widow, and I'm loathe to make her a blog widow to boot.























There's a quiet satisfaction in going back to a place to find that almost everything is just as you left it. For me, it's reassuring to know that not all good things are fleeting. Here's the last train out of town. Don't be a stranger.

3 comments:

zabel said...

"Virginia: Where the ants ride the leaves" (6th pic)

"Virginia: Our hedge mazes are the easiest in the world to solve." (2nd pic)

"Virginia: ???" (10th pic)

S. said...

6th pic--I started to take the picture before I even saw the ant. Beginner's luck, eh?

2nd pic--really thick moss growing along the side of UVA's bookstore. A very easy maze to bypass, as the common traveler stands perpendicular to the whole affair.

10th pic-- the wooden base to a stone table. I liked the notches in the bottom of the table, and the fact that there were a slew of old tennis balls hiding underneath. My preferred title is "No More Fetch."

Jules said...

Great pictures!! I didn't know you were a photographer. I love VA!