Monday, November 19, 2012

Percy Jackson Party

We daringly invited 11 of these to our house this weekend:

They played capture the flag, pinned-the-eye-on-a-Cyclops, and fought Kronos (older brother Ian) with half a dollar-store pool noodle.


We made shrinky-dink Camp Half-Blood necklaces:


We fed them sloppy Joes (unthematic, just fun), blue Jello cake and "magic" blue soda.  I put a drop of blue food coloring in the bottom of each cup in advance, so when I poured the ginger ale it bubbled up blue in front of their eyes.  I can't believe they didn't catch on, but they so didn't!

We sent them home with t-shirts, chocolate coins (drachma), mentos (like Minos?), and bubbles (the Mist).

All to celebrate this:




We love you, Sage!  Happy Eleventh!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ali had such a great time. Thanks for including her in all the fun! Happy birthday, Sage! (Looking forward to her in YW in a year!!)

Joe and Christie said...

I was thinking of her, but I had a class all day and then was engulfed by children during those crucial EST pre-bed hours. Looks like another great party! Can't believe she's eleven, that freaks me out a little...